First of all, did you know my first cookbook got published? It’s called Cookbook #1: A French Girl’s Cooking Adventures in Her Kitchen, and it’s available online, you’re just a click away, RIGHT HERE!
Once will not hurt the meat lover that I am, I occasionnally turn to alternative foods for more variety in my diet. I love vegan dishes inspired from Asia, it just tastes so good, fresh and healthy ! One of my favorite is the Tofu and Fennel Sautéed. The way the tofu gets cooked in this recipe makes it more fluffy than the usual grilled tofu, and it gives a lighter feeling in the mouth, which is nice !
I have never eaten such a dish in Asia, but I thought I’d try to combine these two ingredients that I do like a lot, and see the outcome. I can tell, this is a success !!
Guys, this saturday, put on your weekend clothes, get a basket, go to your local farmers market and buy nice and fresh vegetables and herbs ! Time to relax and enjoy a healthy sunny weekend !
Ingredients (for 2 portions) :
- 150 g of firm tofu
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 50 g of flour
- A bit of oil
- Clear soya sauce
- Grilled sesame oil
- A bit of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Coriander dried leaves (chopped)
- Cut the tofu into cubes of 2cm.
- In a big salad bowl, roll the tofu cubes into the flour, taking care of covering up all sides.
- Cut the fennel into bite pieces.
- Heat the frying oil in a wok.
- Gently cook the tofu (a small batch after another) with the help of a small slotted spoon, spinning it from time to time till it starts to turn golden.
- Roughly strain the tofu with a kitchen paper towel.
- Sauté the fennel in the wok.
- Put the tofu back in the wok, add soya sauce and grilled sesame oil.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the dish after adding salt, pepper, lemon juice and coriander leaves, and serve immediately.
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi, © 2015 All Rights Reserved.