Wanna read about the chicken Tandoori easiest recipe ever? Easy and effortless I would even say. For a weeknight quick dinner fix, or a flavorful weekend dinner with friends, you won’t believe you are able to cook such a tasty dish within no time!
First of all, did you know my first cookbook got published? It’s called Cookbook #1: A French Girl’s Cooking Adventures in Her Kitchen, and it’s available online, you’re just a click away, RIGHT HERE!
Like all dishes that are marinade based, it’s always better if you can let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight in the fridge, or at least 2 hours before cooking. If you have not pre-scheduled your dinner menu and just decided a minute ago to cook this dish for tonight’s meal, do not worry, Tandoori spices are so flavorful and strong that your chicken will be tasteful anyway!
Ingredients: (serves 2 pax)
- 2 thick chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of Tandoori paste (or powder) (available in all Asian stores and most of regular supermarkets)
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 Greek yogurt (3/4 for the marinade, 1/4 for the lemon sauce)
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oïl
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon for the sauce
- Chives, salt and Pepper
- If possible, the night before or 2 hours prior to cooking time: mix Tandoori spices with oil, yogurt and lemon juice in a salad bowl; Cut each chicken breast in 3 generous chunks and rub them all nicely with the marinade.
- Cover up with plastic film and let it sit in the fridge.
- Without sparing the sauce, cook the chicken chunks in a non-sticky hot pan (do not add oil), 3 minutes on each side over high heat, then lower to medium heat and keep cooking the chicken about 10 minutes till cooked through (flip it from one side to the other from time to time to ensure equal cooking, and add the remaining sauce along).
- Serve with greens or other raw veggies, and the lemon yogurt sauce that you’ll make like this : with a fork mix yogurt, lemon juice, chives, salt and Pepper, and let sit in the fridge for a half hour. Do not take out of the fridge too long before serving.
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi, © 2015 All Rights Reserved.