I love coleslaw. But wherever I eat it, it’s loaded with mayonnaise, which I love too, but my body doesn’t. Especially after the holidays. I need to detox my body, but I refuse to completely stop eating what I like. So I’ve come up with that Oil-Free Mayonnaise recipe that goes so well with the coleslaw! Vegetarians and healthy food lovers will get ecstatic!
Now I can enjoy this salad as often as I want to, it’s tasty and completely guilt-free! It doesn’t contribute to weight loss though, but at least kilograms will not be added back up either. Smart!!
This coleslaw is perfect for dinner, along with a nice warm soup and a generous piece of my delicious Savory Brioche Bread with Parsley (wanna click the link?)
Let’s get to the recipe, I’m sure you can’t wait to know how I did it.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- A similar amount of finely chopped cabbage
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- about 100 to 125 grams of yogurt or Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the hard-boiled egg. Let it cool a bit, shell it and separate the yellow and white parts.
- In a small bowl, smash the yellow part of the egg and combine with a fork to the mustard.
- Add the lemon juice and keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, the salt and pepper, and combine well to finish the Mayonnaise sauce.
- Grate your carrot and chop the cabbage, then cut into small pieces the white part of the hard-boiled egg.
- Combine with the Oil-Free Healthy Mayonnaise.
Please feel free to follow my Facebook page and to subscribe for free to my Blog. You can also check out my COOKBOOK’s page right here!
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi, © 2016 All Rights Reserved.