There’s nothing more casual yet enjoyable than sharing tapas during a get-together with friends. There also are times when we feel like enjoying tapas without inviting friends over, just because they are available in the fridge, so easy to grab and very tempting! That is, of course, if you have – like me – some nice tapas recipes that can be prepared ahead and stored in the fridge.
Tapas do not need to be complex to turn out flavorsome. The quality of ingredients though is a major condition for your tapas to taste great. When I traveled to Spain in 2015 to visit one of my dearest friends, she took me out for tapas and pinxhas several times, and every time I noticed that the best ones were the tapas that used the freshest ingredients. There are different levels and different types of tapas, and I chose on purpose here to make a recipe that is fairly simple. Besides, this recipe is suitable for all types of diet, whether you are vegetarian/vegan, or not. Instead of just picking olives from the appetizer platter, why not prepare and pickle your own to turn regular olives into flavorful homemade olives tapas? The prep time is less than 10 minutes, the wait time though is 2 days, and the eating time will be (you’ll see…) too freaking quick (because it’s sooooooo good)!
- 200 grams of jarred pitted green olives
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 of a fennel bulb and
- a bit of the fennel fronds (the tiny leaves)
- 2 pinches of grounded coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Drain the olives and put them in a wide-shaped mason jar.
- Thinly mince the red onion and add to the olives.
- Wash, dry, and thinly mince the fennel and its fronds. Add to the olives.
- Peel the garlic and remove the germ. Mince before adding to the olives.
- Salt and pepper, then pour the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Reserve in the fridge during 2 days before eating.
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi, © 2016 All Rights Reserved.