Need a quick fix for breakfast that is healthy and that you can bake the night before? My beautiful Carrot Honey and Pumpkin Seeds Brioche will give you energy for a good start in the morning, and a beautiful healthy-look skin, thank you Carrots! Slice the fluffy brioche for a tender feeling and a soft taste of carrot, or briefly toast a slice or two that will lightly enhance the flavors of honey. No need to spread anything on it, this carrot and honey brioche suffices to itself. Though after that being said, this is entirely up to you to spread something over!
The brioche as you see it on the picture is almost a kilo brioche. The healthy part of the story is that there is only half of that weight of wheat flour, one quarter of the brioche is grated carrots, butter is a light 80 grams only, and the sweet components are 40 grams of sugar and a few tablespoons of honey. I suppose vegetarians love that type of no-egg brioche recipe, and it is not so bad either in terms of healthy diet in general, if of course you don’t eat the whole brioche all at once (because it is so good, especially after it gets out of the oven!).
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 200 grams of grated carrots (that’s about 4 medium carrots)
- 80 grams of melted butter
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 bag of dry yeast
- 40 grams of brown sugar
- 6 tbsp of honey
- 1,5 tsp of salt
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- Melt the butter.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- In a big mixing bowl, pour milk, melted butter, salt, sugar, honey and grated carrots, and lightly combine.
- Add the flour on top of it, then the yeast. Combine well.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and combine again.
- Let it rise at least an hour or until the size has doubled.
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees C.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Knead the dough briefly and put in in the baking dish.
- Let it rise again for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 180 degrees. Adjust time according to the desired crust color.
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi. © 2017 All Rights Reserved.