Merry Christmas everybody around the world! Just a glimpse at my Christmas Eve’s Dinner Table to share with you an image of our feast of last night. With three bottles on the table (one white wine from Val-de-Loire, one red Pinot Noir from Burgundy, and one semi-dry Champagne “Blanc de Blanc”), we’ve been quite optimistic about our capacity to drink it all, which in the end we didn’t at all because optimism was also invited onto the food section of our evening! There was just too much, but the good news is there’s no need to cook again on the second day for lunch, we’re having the leftovers!
Anyway, here is a quick list of what we had, recipes will be added progressively and you can access them by clicking links in the list from now on.
- Foie Gras on gingerbread flavored toasts and confit onion jam
- Scottish Smoked Salmon topped with trout eggs, squeezed lemon juice and green leaves to eat with.
- Shrimps, pan-seared in Champagne, and dipped in Cocktail sauce
- Eggplant Rolls with garlic and herbs cheese and smoked Corsican Coppa
- Trout eggs (orange color) toasts with butter and lemon squeeze
- Lumpfish roe (black color) toasts with butter and lemon squeeze
- A Christmas Tree shaped puff pastry, twisted and brushed with Mediterranean homemade Pesto. To dip in Herbs and Feta Cheese Sauce
- And for dessert(s), a choice of mandarins, litchis, walnuts, chestnuts, Alsace region gingerbread, Nougat and… that’s it!
Before you go, don’t forget to check out my Cookbook’s page, there may be a Discount Offer still available at the time you read this post!
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi, © 2015 All Rights Reserved.