I’m so happy to announce that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! If you don’t know what the Liebster Award is, here’s the thing: it’s an award from the blogosphere (aka other bloggers) that rewards new bloggers for their publishing work on a personal or professional blog.
In my case, I have been nominated by Jessica from This Happy Mommy, and I would like to thank her for that because the honor is now all mine! When you get a chance, check out her blog, it’s really nice! With the nomination from Jessica came a list of questions that I am more than glad to answer to.
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging 5 months ago when summertime was about to begin, and along with that came the promise of a lighter workload for a few weeks. I thought it would be the perfect time to give myself a real chance of starting a new activity, and as I love writing, cooking and traveling, blogging about my passions seemed to be the perfect way to share those with others, and not just keeping them for myself!
2. Which of your blog posts is your favourite? Why?
I think my favorite post is the one about the recipe of Hummus. The picture shows a delicious dish with perfect colors combination, and I can guess/remember the perfect texture of the dish just by looking at it. Also, it is everytime a joyful reminder of how much I loved my last trip to Israel, especially the day tour in the Negev Desert, where I had the best hummus EVER.
3. If your blog had a mission statement, what would it be?
Feed my readers with good traveling ideas and nice recipes! Open up my readers’ mind to world cuisine. And as I often say, when you can’t get on a plane, get the feeling of a trip on your plate!
4. What’s been the most rewarding part of becoming a blogger?
Virtually giving pleasure to people from all over the world, with whom I share the same tastes, desires, ideas. Also I feel like I am kinda making friends with them somehow. I could add that I (secretly) even wish to meet some of them in real life too someday! Overall, creating a real contact with some other bloggers has been the most rewarding part of blogging so far.
5. What do your friends/family think of your blog?
They think it’s a great idea that I can still practice my English writing through blogging (hahaha), and in fact – more seriously – they are more than surprised and delighted to discover that I can actually cook some pretty good stuffs!
6. What’s your favourite form of social media? Why?
Pinterest is the social media I like the most. No words needed except for the best description of the picture you’re willing to share with others. That might sound a little bit weird to say for a writer, but I do find this aspect very important because it teaches you how to be thorough in items description if you want Pinterest to be truely useful. Besides, I love the fact that I am totally free to organize my boards and their content with no restriction whatsoever.
7. Who is your favourite blogger? Why?
That’s a hard one… Can I give 2 bloggers’ name? Please please please!! Ok, thanks! So, the first one is Falafelinlove from America. For my part, I am simply in love with her recipes trials, her free spirit, her willingness to cook and eat healthy stuffs while never forgetting to indulge at the same time, her kindness, and always her promptness to replying to comments with a real insight on what we discuss about. Also, the more I read her blog, the more I learn here and there a bit more about who she is in real life (although I see her as quite a private person, I don’t even know her first name yet, that is to say…). The second one is Sue’s Fabulous Travels from Australia. Sue has a blog about her travels in China mainly, where she has lived for 3 years and traveled extensively. We share the same experience somehow, as I have been an expat in China too, for 7 years, a while ago. and her blog is full of amazing pictures and tales about visiting the country. Now she oftens posts about great food spots in Australia where she lives. What I like the most about her blog is that, through the reading of each post, you can feel Sue’s extra happiness to have experienced everything she’s done, and her super positive and enthusiastic attitude, always. And again, she is a blogger who always responds to comments with in-depth information and a constant kindness.
8. Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
I love traveling, cooking, relaxing with friends while doing any type of outdoor activity, decorating my new apartment, crafting, reading, writing and publishing books. By the way, my first cookbook is available here!
9. Who is the biggest influence in your life?
Maybe that will sound basic, but I think my parents are the biggest influence in my life. They’ve always pushed me to look further, aim higher, never give up and always feel positive about everything.
10. What makes you happy?
Love. Health (good). Real friendship (I miss my friends who live abroad). Learning (just anything). Succeeding (in everything). As “simple” as that.
11. What makes you laugh out loud?
Anything! I am what we call a “good audience”!
Now here are my nominees!
- Sue’s fabulous travels
- Radiate food vibes
- Broadsheet Boutique
- The Hellenic Eatery
- The Garlicky Girl
- Boats Bridges and Basilicas
- Shooting Vienna
- The Brunch Bitches
- Appel Farms Cheese
- The Pea and the Spoon
Dear nominees, if you accept your nomination, here are my questions for you:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Which of your blog posts did you first expect to be your readers’ favourite post? Why?
- If your blog had a chance to go from personal to Professional, will you “go for it”?
- What’s been the most rewarding part of becoming a blogger so far?
- How do you feel about creating content for others to read?
- Do you share your posts on other social media too? Does it help you get more readers?
- Who is your favourite blogger? Why?
- Other than blogging, what are your hobbies?
- What would you say to people who want to tell you that your blog is just “one among others of the same kind”?
- What makes you content?
- What advice will you give a newbie in blogging?
The “rules” of the Liebster Award are:
- Create a blog post answering the questions above.
- In your post, link back to the person who nominated you. (That’s me!)
- After answering my questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with instructions and give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide them with a link to your post.
- When you’re all done, comment below with the link to your post. I’d love to read your answers!
Created and Written by Sophie Rebibo-Halimi. © 2015, All Rights Reserved.